Foster The People Announces Live On Letterman Streaming Concert
The entire concert will stream live on Wednesday, October 26th at 9pm ET/6pm PT, and you can watch it right here or on CBS.com, presented by Dance Central 2 on Kinect for Xbox 360.
About ten months ago, neo-psychedelic indie band Foster the People was playing a month of free residency shows at a small Los Angeles venue called the Echo.
The week after Foster the People’s first gig at the space, the lines to get into the show literally trailed down Sunset Blvd–all from word of mouth and constant play of their first single, “Pumped Up Kicks,” on KROQ.
Since then, Foster the People’s neon-tinged dance-oriented pop-rock has exploded in popularity across the country, making them a huge draw band at festivals like SXSW, Coachella, ACL, and Lollapalooza, and helped get their songs featured widely on television shows, movies, and commercials.
When their first album Torches was released, it debuted at an impressive number 8 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold 33,000 copies in the first week.
All this from a band that was playing free local gigs just months before.
Want to learn more about the rapid rise to musical success of Foster The People? Read up here!
- Foster The People Show Where It All Started
- Foster The People Pump Up The Crowd With “Pumped Up Kicks” At Lollapalooza
- Foster The People Brings The “Helena Beat” At El Rey Show In Los Angeles
- Foster The People Live In Studio On Lollapalooza Weekend
Presented by Dance Central 2 on Kinect for Xbox 360.
- The Chemical Brothers Debut London 2012 Olympics Velodrome Theme
- Flea Surprises Fans With News Of E.P. Titled “Helen Burns,” Calls It A Trippy Freakout
- Goldenvoice Announces Inaugural S.S. Coachella Cruises Featuring Pulp, Hot Chip, Yeasayer + More
- K&B Podcast Tuesday July 17th: Brad Williams Goes On Tour With The USO, Landon Donovan + More
- Travis Barker: “I Stopped Dating A Girl Because She Didn’t Like Old Cars”