2. The Kinks-”Sunny Afternoon”
This is our favorite song about taxes, because the Kinks do an amazing job creating a tune that speaks from the rich man’s perspective of getting his money taken by the government.
Except he’s enjoying an atypical sunny day in England: “The tax man’s taken all my dough/And left me in my stately home/blazing on a sunny afternoon/And I can’t sail my yacht/He’s taken everything I’ve got/All I’ve got’s this sunny afternoon.”
- John Mayer Drops New Single ‘Paper Doll’
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Concert For The Masses’ Rose Bowl Show, 25 Years Later
- Win A $50 P&G Gift Card
- This Week In Late Night TV: Jimmy Eat World, Muse, Jim James, Chvrches