The month of April, taxes, and procrastination are all words that should be put in the dictionary next to each other–even if they aren’t alphabetically similar. They all pretty much go hand-in-hand. No one ever wants to pay their taxes and shell over their hard-earned dollars and cents to people they (hopefully) will never meet. The scary faces behind the Internal Revenue System.
Someone, somewhere once said that the two things that are inevitable in life are “death and taxes.” What is also inevitable is that if something is inevitable, a musician will write a song about it, which brings us to our Top Ten Songs About Money And Taxes.
10. Abba-”Money Money Money”
Sometimes a glamorous girl has to work harder than she plays to meet the (rich) man of her dreams, even if bills, booze, and the tax man takes all her money away. In the end, she is just left with her dreams of an easier life or as Abba says, “I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay /Ain’t it sad /And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me /That’s too bad.“
- Win Breakfast With The Backstreet Boys
- Record Turnout for God’s Love We Deliver’s Midsummer Night Drinks
- A Great Big World Adds Flair To Pop Music
- Gavin DeGraw Channels Mumford & Sons On New Song ‘Best I Ever Had’
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims